About Me

My photo
I only came to show you what was possible and help bring you to an understanding of inner reality.

Monday, April 18, 2011

April Walk beside the River (Part 1)

Dedicated with Love
to Pam Heinz who passed away Oct 11. 2013

April 16th 2011 A weekend walk down by the South Saskatchewan River. Medicine Hat has some very old and beautiful trees. This was a hard winter 2010-2011 taking it's toll on both flora and fauna. A cloudy overcast day.
 I love the colors of the trees and grass. Golds and Reds and Browns.
 I met a friend who was also walking down beside the river.
 I passed under the Twin Trans Canada Bridge and headed west. The ground was moist with mud from recent high levels from the Spring break up and run off. Only a week or so ago the river was still iced over.
 Another friend the Robin who hasn't been seen since last Fall. Looking very fat and well fed I must say! A welcome sight indicating, yes, Spring is finally here!
 When the flood waters rise, the debris rises with them. This tree has caught a new coat!
 My friend Canada Goose decided the water's great and waddled in for a swim.
 Passing between the Twin Bridges. The river looks calm and serene but we locals know it can be a deadly river.
 River bubbles and the river current flows eastward.
 Very soft mud under the bridges. Many prints of Deer feet there.
 A slight mist indicating snow on the way.
 The Path ahead...and today, no others, just me and my nature friends.
 The Sun is at about 4 o'clock and I'm walking west.
 Deadfall ahead.
 A winter home for my nature friends! Such engineers and what a perfect circle.
 A closer look!
 Looking to the North on shore there is a deep cut into Mother natures back.
 Sight of the Power Plant and a break in the trees.
 Such old trees with many interesting cuts and marks. The bark is beautiful.
The winter has taken off this old trees skin. A pure white trunk showing under the thick bark. To the South I see the power plant.

2 comments: